We help make the lives of our customers and their families better by offering proven, trusted and valued insurance and financial solutions over lifetimes. This is what we do and we strive to do it better than anyone.
We are the company that our customers, our partners and our associates are proud to call theirs. Together we will touch more lives and help more people.
Our vision for the future will be realized through acting on values that will never change – ever:
- We will work hard to earn the trust of our customers, partners and each other.
- We will be good business stewards of the resources that have been entrusted to us.
- We will attract, challenge, grow and reward our most valuable assets – our people.
- We will serve our communities with purpose.
- We will always operate in adherence to the highest ethical standards.
- Corporate Structure: Mutual Holding Company
- State of Domicile: Nebraska
- Headquarters: Lincoln, Nebraska
- Policyholders/Members: Approximately 430,000
- Assets Under Management: Approximately $32.3 billion
- Life Insurance In Force: Approximately $80.1 billion
- Total GAAP Assets: Approximately $18.5 billion
- Total GAAP Equity: Approximately $2.5 billion
- Number of Associates: Approximately 2,300 nationwide
- Office locations: Lincoln, Neb.; New York, N.Y.; Bethesda, Md.; Cincinnati, Ohio; San Antonio, Texas; Wayne, Neb. and Falls Church, Va.
- Nationwide Product and Services Distribution
- Products and Services: life insurance; annuities; individual disability income insurance; group dental, vision and hearing care insurance; retirement plans; investments; mutual funds; asset management; banking and public finance
Financial information as of December 31, 2012.